Our Association was established in 1975 under the name of the Cyprus Association of Pharmaceutical Importers. Some of the founding members were Andreas Papaellinas, Charis Enotiades, Michalakis Michaelides, Sotos Jacovides, Spyros Araouzos and Yiangos Demetriades. Five persons have served as President of our Association and include Michalakis Michaelides (1975-1980), Andreas Papaellinas (1980-1992), Sotos Jacovides as Vice President (1992-2000) and then as President (2000-2008), Avgoustinos Potamitis (2008 - 2020) and Christos Hadjipanayis (2020 – today).
In 2000 our Association’s name changed to the Cyprus Association of Pharmaceutical Companies. We are a non-profit organisation operating under the auspices of the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI). Today we have over 40 members active in the field of importation, promotion, marketing and distribution of branded and generic pharmaceutical products in Cyprus.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors which is elected by the Association’s members during an Annual General Meeting and serves a 2-year term.
- Christos Hadjipanayis – President
- George Lymbouris – Vice President
- Simone Kapakiotis – Treasurer
- Sotos Jacovides – Member
- Petros Petrou – Member
- George Tsisios – Member
- George Papaellinas – Member
- Promote and safeguard the business rights and interests of our members
- Collaborate closely and maintain good working relationships with government agencies and other associations
- Contribute to the development of a sustainable universal healthcare system and ensure patients unhindered access to affordable high-quality medicines
- Ensure equitable and timely access to innovative medicines
- Voice our opinion in Parliamentary Committees and contribute to policy-making
- Ensure a sufficient, uninterrupted supply of medicines
- Fight falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain
- Encourage ethical conduct amongst our members
- Professionalism We have the experience, skills and knowledge that enable us to be good at what we do
- Commitment We are dedicated and do what we say we will do
- Integrity We are open, transparent and honest about what we do
- Accountability We take responsibility for our decisions, words and actions